1lb boneless sirloin steak, with fat trimmed off
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
small onion, chopped
1 TBS butter
2 TBS flour
1 C beef broth
1/4 C sherry cooking wine
salt + pepper
3/4 C low fat sour cream
cooked egg noodles (use the whole 8-oz package)
fresh minced parsley
1. Cut beef into small strips.
2. Heat several TBS olive oil in skillet. Add beef and saute until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes (don’t cook all the way through yet.) Remove beef from pan and set aside.
3. Add onion to pan. Saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms to pan. Saute both onion and mushrooms for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside with beef.
4. Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook one minute. Add sherry, and whisk for one minute until clumps are broken up. Add broth. Cook one minute until sauce is thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
5. Add beef/mushrooms/onions to sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Bring all to a boil. Then reduce heat and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, and add sour cream.
6. Combine cooked noodles with parsley. Serve beef mixture over noodles.
Note – I roasted a few sliced green bell peppers in the oven (drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper) and served on the side.