My Valentine’s Day…it was simply wonderful!
Take a cold, quiet Sunday in February.
+ a wonderful guy by the name of Brett
+ a pretty vase of flowers on my coffee table, thanks to the same wonderful guy (who sent them to my work on Friday)
+ a bottle of Chianti for drinking and a bottle of Chardonnay for my mushrooms
+ warm focaccia bread dipped in olive oil and sweet balsamic vinegar
+ a big bowl of Greek Pasta drenched in crumbled feta cheese
+ a couple comedies on the television
+ peanut butter no-bake cookies drizzled in chocolate
Yum. But there’s one thing I’m forgetting.
Insert crab-stuffed mushrooms baked in a butter chardonnay sauce.
3 TBS butter + 2 TBS butter + 1 TBS butter
1/4 C chardonnay
18-20 large button mushrooms
3 green onions, minced
2 tsp lemon juice
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz can crab meat, drained well
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C bread crumbs
salt, pepper, cayenne
1. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Pop stems out of mushrooms. Cut off the tough ends of the stems and discard. Finely chop stems. Set mushroom caps aside for now.
2. In a small skillet, sautee the mushroom stems in 2 TBS butter for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sautee another minute or two. Remove from heat and put in a medium bowl.
3. To bowl, add green onions, lemon juice, cream cheese, crab meat and a sprinkle of salt + pepper and cayenne pepper.
4. Melt 3 TBS butter in a small bowl. Mix in 1/4 C chardonnay. Pour into the bottom of a baking pan.
5. Preheat oven to 350. Stuff the mushroom caps with the crab mixture. Heat 1 TBS butter in the microwave. Stir in 1/4 C bread crumbs. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the mushrooms. Place mushrooms over melted butter/wine in pan.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until mushrooms look juicy and bread crumbs are toasted.