My apartment, on the top floor of a 3-story building, is at about sixty degrees right now. (Heat RISES!) I’m wearing two layers, soon to be covered by a sweater, jacket and scarf before venturing on my Saturday errands. The tip of my nose is red and my cats are curled up into little balls.
I somewhat fear saying this, but I believe that Fall has turned into Winter, my friends.
Cozy up with this casserole. Loaded with red potatoes and juicy ham. The sour cream in the sauce gives it a tangy bite, and unless you’re a family of 4+, this casserole will get you through at least two meals.
Ham and Potato Casserole – adapted from Heavenly Ham & Potatoes on Allrecipes.com
3 lbs red potatoes, chopped into small cubes
16 oz sour cream
1 stick butter, cut in half
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 package cooked, cubed ham
1/2 C bread crumbs
1. Place potatoes in a large pot of water and boil until slightly tender (but don’t overcook to the point of the skin falling off the potatoes.)
2. Preheat oven to 350. Drain potatoes and put into 9×13 pan.
3. In large bowl, mix sour cream, soups, cheese, half stick of melted butter, and ham cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour mixture over potatoes. Press casserole down into pan if it seems to be overflowing.
4. Sprinkle bread crumbs over casserole. Melt remaining half-stick butter, and drizzle over bread crumbs.
5. Bake casserole for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and hot.